Dr. A. Indrayan, Founder Professor and Head of the Department of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics (Retd.)
Delhi University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi 110 095
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
1. Indrayan A, Srivastava RN, Bagchi SC. Mathematical models in the assessment of infective force in filariasis. Indian J Med Res 1970; 58: 1100-3. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/5494014
2. Indrayan A. Statistics in medicine. J Clin Society MLN Med Coll 1970; 9: 83-4.
3. Indrayan A, Bagchi SC. Multivariate approach in epidemiological assessment of continuity in a cohort of oral contraceptors. Indian J Med Res 1971; 59: 127-32. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/5574370
4. Srivastava RN, Indrayan A, Bagchi SC. Observations on endemic force of filariasis in rural and urban areas of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Ann Indian Acad Med Sci 1971; 7: 165-71.
5. Kumar P, Agrawal VK, Indrayan A, Rajvanshi VS, Bagchi SC. Clinico-epidemiological features of diptheria during an epidemic. Indian Pediatr 1971: 8: 152-5. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/5571288
6. Gupta SC, Mehrotra TN, Kapoor KK, Indrayan A. A study of serum copper and PPD oxidase in different types of leprosy. Indian J Pathol Bacteriol 1971; 14: 174-9. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/5155044
7. Gupta SC, Sinha M, Rajvanshi VS, Samanta V, Indrayan A. Effects of oral contraceptives on carbohydrate and lipid metabolism. Indian J Med Res 1971; 59: 1712-9. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/5143163
8. Kumar P, Srivastava RN, Indrayan A. Measurement of ESR: Some observations. J Clin Society MLN Med Coll 1971; 10: 58-61.
9. Indrayan A, Srivastava RN, Bagchi SC. Influence of some correlates of blood pressure on its distribution in an adult urban population of Allahabad. Indian J Med Res 1972; 60: 651-60. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4660297
10. Indrayan A, Srivastava RN, Bagchi SC. Age regression of blood pressure in an urban population of age 15-59 years. Indian J Med Res 1972; 60: 966-72. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4660312
11. Indrayan A, Bagchi SC, Verma V. Medico-social factors contributory to dropouts in a rural cohort of oral contraceptors. J Fam Welf 1972; 18: 65-75. http://www.popline.org/node/480324
12. Kumar A, Bagchi SC, Isaacs JJ, Indrayan A. Age at onset of lepromatous leprosy in males of 15-44 years. J Christ Med Assoc India 1972; 47: 337-9.
13. Singh G, Singh SR, Indrayan A, Bagchi SC. A sociomedical study of deafmutes. Indian J Med Res 1973; 61: 285-91. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4759004
14. Indrayan A, Bagchi SC. Statistical procedures for determination of epidemic years of cholera. Indian J Med Sci 1973; 27: 525-35. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4660297
15. Kumar A, Bagchi SC, Indrayan A. Impact of lepromatous leprosy on fecundity. Fertil Steril 1973; 24: 324-5. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4694508
16. Bagchi SC, Indrayan A. A comparative study of combined and sequential regimens in a rural area. J Fam Welf 1973; 20: 7-13. http://www.popline.org/node/492470
17. Singh UB, Singh G, Indrayan A, Bagchi SC. A sociomedical study of rickshaw pullers in Allahabad. Indian J Prev Social Med 1973; 4: 15-9.
18. Kumar A, Indrayan A, Isaacs JJ, Gupta SC. Age at onset of leprosy in relation to type of leprosy, site of first lesion and occupation. Leprosy in India 1973; 45: 167-73.
19. Indrayan A, Kumar A, Srivastava RN, Bagchi SC. Multifactorial analysis of blood pressure levels in Allahabad urban community. Indian J Public Health 1974; 18: 3-7. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4452604
20. Bagchi SC, Indrayan A. Multivariate analysis of blood pressure correlates in an Indian urban community. Indian J Public Health 1974; 18: 93-104. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4463166
21. Bagchi, SC, Indrayan A. Statistical relationships and the concept of multiple regression Indian Pediatrics 1974; 18:93-104. http://repository.ias.ac.in/73480/
22. Kumar A, Indrayan A, Srivastava RN. Some epidemiological observations on testicular atrophy in lepromatous leprosy. Indian J Prev Social Med 1974; 5: 65-9.
23. Das P, Kumar P, Gupta CK, Indrayan A. Clinical patterns of abdominal tuberculosis. Amer J Proctol 1975; 26: 75-86. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1119554
24. Mittal BN, Indrayan A, Sengupta RK, Bagchi SC. Epidemiological triad in domestic accidents. Indian J Med Res 1975; 63: 1344-52. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1222983
25. Indrayan A, Kumar A, Srivastava RN. Observations on inter-observer differences in blood pressure measurements. Ann Indian Acad Med Sci 1975; 11: 1-8.
26. Anjaneyulu G, Banerji SC, Indrayan A. A study of fly density & meteorological factors in occurrence of diarrhoea in a rural area. Indian J Public Health 1975: 19: 115-21. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1230432
27. Luthra SC, Singh G, Indrayan A, Bagchi SC. An epidemiological study of domestic accidents in the families of army personnel at a peace station. Indian J Med Res 1976; 64: 858-65. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/977042
28. Anjneyulu G, Banerji SC, Indrayan A. A study of comparative values of coliform and faeccal streptococci as presumptive pollution indicator in rural drinking water. Indian J Med Res 1976; 64: 1035-40. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/992826
29. Singh SP, Sisodia AK, Barthwal SP, Indrayan A, Bhushan S, Seth P. A study of urinary creatinine and creatinine coefficient in healthy young adults. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 1978; 22: 270-8. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/721248
30. Bhushan S, Sharma SP, Singh SP, Agrawal S, Indrayan A, Seth P. Effect of garlic on normal blood cholesterol level. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 1979; 23: 211-4. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/521124
31. Sisodia AK, Indrayan A, Kapoor KK, Singh SP. Evaluation of oral glucose tolerance test in non-diabetic subjects. J Diab Assoc India 1980; 20: 3-7.
32. Pandit K, Indrayan A. Epidemiological features of seasonal outbreak of conjunctivitis in a Delhi village. The Clinician 1981; 45: 215-26.
33. Indrayan A, Rustagi JS. Approximate tests of hypotheses in regression models with grouped data. Commun Statist 1981; B-10: 327-41. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/03610918108812212
34. Indrayan A. Are psychiatric diseases communicable? - Letter to the Editor. J Indian Assoc Commun Dis 1982; 5: 92-5.
35. Chuttani CS, Kannan AT, Indrayan A, Rao SS, Gupta P, Grover V, Trikha V, Bhowmik AK. The effect of intensification of the family planning programme on the quality and number of acceptors. J Fam Welf 1982; 29: 64-9.
36. Aggarwal OP, Indrayan A, Rao SS, Gupta P, Grover V, Chuttani CS. Weight pattern of pre-school children in a rural area of Delhi. Indian J Pediatr 1983; 50: 367-70. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6671722
37. Indrayan A, Sarna AK. Clinical thrust in teaching biostatistics to medical undergraduates. Indian J Med Educ 1983; 22: 1-5.
38. Indrayan A, Kumar A, Srivastava RN, Bagchi SC. Social status and blood pressure in an Indian urban population. Ann Natl Acad Med Sci (India) 1983; 19: 61-72.
39. Indrayan A. Teaching biostatistics to medical undergraduates. In: Srivastava BC, editor. Proceedings, XIII National Conference of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine. Lucknow: Department of PSM, KG Medical College, 1983: 123-7.
40. Aggarwal OP, Kannan AT, Indrayan A, Gupta P, Grover V. Study of old age health problems in a rural area of Delhi. In: van Eimeren W, Engelbrecht R and Flagle Ch D, editors. Health Systems Research: Third International Conference on System Science in Health Care, Munich. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1984; 184-7. http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-69939-9_43#page-1
41. Indrayan A, Kannan AT, Srivastav RN, Bagchi SC. Familial aggregation of blood pressure in Allahabad urban population. The Clinician 1985; 49: 244-9. http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=8512989
42. Indrayan A, Singh SP, Verma CK, Srivastava A, Singh JB. Statistical evaluation of some correlates of urinary creatinine excretion in healthy males. Medicine and Surgery 1985; 25: 5-8.
43. Indrayan A, Rao S, Grover V, Agrawal K, Gupta A. Freshers' perception of problems in their medical education. Indian J Med Educ 1985; 24: 85-94.
44. Kannan AT, Aggarwal OP, Indrayan A. A study of eye problems among old age people in some villages of Delhi. Indian J Prev Social Med 1985; 16: 1-5.
45. Jain NC, Indrayan A, Goel LR. Monte Carlo comparison of six heirarchical clustering methods on random data. Pattern Recognition 1986; 19: 95-9. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0031320386900385
46. Indrayan A. Changes needed in style and content of teaching statistics to medical undergraduates. Int J Math Educ Sci Technol 1986; 17: 95-102. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/0020739860170113
47. Indrayan A, Aggarwal OP, Kannan AT. Comparison of complaints reported with clinical findings in old age persons of a rural area: An exploratory study. Indian J Community Med 1986; 11: 124-30.
48. Indrayan A. Proxy measure of adequacy of health care in developing countries: Doctors vs beds - Letter to the Editor. Int J Epidemiol 1987; 16: 137-8. http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/16/1/137.full.pdf
49. Rao SS, Indrayan A, Aggarwal OP, Sethi NK, Chuttani CS. Completed family size of rural women: Changing patterns in four decades of marriage cohorts. Indian J Community Med 1987; 12: 41-50. http://www.ijcm.org.in/article.asp?issn=0970-0218;year=1987;volume=12;issue=1;spage=41;epage=50;aulast=Rao;
50. Indrayan A. Towards developing health atlas of India: An exercise in health cartography. Health and Population: Perspectives and Issues 1988; 11: 212-3.
51. Sethi NK, Rao SS, Aggarwal OP, Indrayan A, Chuttani CS. Age at marriage, gauna (effective marriage) and first child birth in rural women - changing pattern in various marriage cohorts by decades. Indian J Community Med 1988; 13: 166-9. http://www.ijcm.org.in/article.asp?issn=0970-0218;year=1988;volume=13;issue=04;spage=166;epage=169;aulast=Sethi;
52. Indrayan A. Statistical needs of health sector: A blue print for government action - Letter to the Editor. Indian J Community Med 1988; 14: 22-3.
53. Indrayan A. Rank ordering of some correlates of health in India (Chapter 6). In: T Krishnan, editor. Statistics in Medicine. Bombay: Himalaya Publishing House, 1989; 38-51.
54. Sethi NK, Rao SS, Aggarwal OP, Indrayan A, Chuttani CS. Childbirth spacing in a rural community of Delhi: Profile in various marriage cohorts by decades. Indian Pediatr 1989; 26: 894-9. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2634007
55. Indrayan A. The practice of NPA - Letter to the Editor. The Times of India 1989; 5: 1989.
56. Indrayan A, Chandrasekhar C. Statistics of an index of health based on factor analysis: Indian example (Chapter 22). In: K Visweswara Rao, G Radhaiah and V Narayana, editors. Statistics in Health and Nutrition. Hyderabad: National Institute of Nutrition (ICMR), 1990; 120-7.
57. Chandrasekhar C, Indrayan A, Gupta SM. Development of an index of need for health resources for Indian states using factor analysis. Int J Epidemiol 1991; 20: 246-50. http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/20/1/246.full.pdf+html
58. Indrayan A. Establishing a computer unit in a medical college: Our experience. ISMS Newsletter 1991; 6: 14-6.
59. Bansal AK, Tickoo SK, Indrayan A, Agarwal S, Sood SK. Computer based application software for histopathological reporting system. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 1991; 34: 241-6. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1818027
60. Chawla R, Indrayan A, Bhattacharya A. Measurement of systolic blood pressure with a pulse oximeter - Letter to the Editor. J Clin Monit 1992; 147. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1583552
61. Chawla R, Kumarvel V, Girdhar KK, Indrayan A, Bhattacharya A. Can pulse oximetry be used to measure systolic blood pressure? Anesthesia-Analgesia 1992; 74: 196-200. http://www.anesthesia-analgesia.org/content/74/2/196.full.pdf+html
62. Indrayan A. Correlation vs agreement. ISMS Newsletter 1992; 7: 20-1.
63. Indrayan A. Computers and medical literature: The Indian scene. Ann Natl Acad Med Sci (India) 1992; 28: 165-74.
64. Bansal AK, Indrayan A. Computer based statistical study of cartography in mortality upto age of one year. Indian Pediatr 1993; 30: 1251-8. http://indianpediatrics.net/oct1993/1251.pdf
65. Bansal AK, Bajpai R, Indrayan A. The time lag between literacy making an impact on mortality and fertility indicators: Preliminary results. Indian J Community Med 1993; 18: 14-20.
66. Indrayan A. Medical informatics in India. CSI Communications 1993; 17(3): 19-23.
67. Indrayan A. Laxity on I.V. Fluids - Letter to the Editor. The Hindustan Times: July 17, 1993.
68. Indrayan A, Chawla R. Clinical agreement in quantitative measurements. Natl Med J India 1994; 7: 229-34. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7827605
69. Indrayan A. Epidemiology of hypertension. Correspondence. J Assoc Physicians India 1994; 42: 175-6. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7860497
70. Indrayan A. Special Interest Group on Medical Informatics. Indian J Otol Head neck Surg 1994: 46:175. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF03048564?LI=true
71. Satyanarayan L, Indrayan A, Sachdev HPS, Gupta SM. A comprehensive index for longitudinal monitoring of child health status. Indian Pediatr 1995; 32: 443-52. http://18.104.22.168/apr1995/443.pdf
72. Bajpai R, Bansal AK, Indrayan A. Computerized health science library circulation system. CSI Communications 1995; 18(7): 8-12.
73. Indrayan A. Informatics: the key to efficiency. World Health Forum 1995; 16: 305-11. http://whqlibdoc.who.int/whf/1995/vol16-no3/WHF_1995_16(3)_p305-311.pdf
74. Indrayan A, Kumar R. Statistical choropleth cartography in epidemiology. Int J Epidemiol 1996; 25: 181-9. http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/25/1/181.full.pdf+html
75. Indrayan A. A health monitor in your pocket? CSI Communications 1996; 20(1): 8-9.
76. Bajpai R, Indrayan A. Computer-assisted learning package for frequency distribution of physiological variables. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 1996; 40: 330-4. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9055102
77. Indrayan A, Sarmukaddam S. Statistical assessment of quality of medical care in a hospital. Ann Natl Acad Med Sci 1996; 32: 177-84.
78. Chawla R, Bansal AK, Indrayan A. Informatics technology in health care in India. Natl Med J India 1997; 10: 31-5. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9069707
79. Indrayan A. Perception and Cognition in Univariate and Multivariate Choropleth Maps of Epidemiologital Indicators. Proceedings ISI 1997. http://www.stat.fi/isi99/proceedings/arkisto/varasto/indr0635.pdf
80. Limburg H, Kumar R, Indrayan A, Sundaram KR. Rapid assessment of prevalence of cataract blindness at district level. Int J Epidemiology 1997; 26: 1049-54. http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/26/5/1049.full.pdf+html
81. Indrayan A. Meta-analysis of prevalence of hypertension in India - Letter to the Editor. Indian Heart J 1997; 49: 337-8. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9291667
82. Grover V, Kannan AT, Indrayan A. Counselling: Effect of KAP against HIV/AIDS and STDs among a high risk group. In: Aggarwal OP, Sharma AK, Indrayan A, editors. HIV/AIDS Research in India. New Delhi: National AIDS Control Organisation, 1997: 275-7.
Since the year 1997, I am concentrating on books and reports for the national and international organizations rather than papers. Thus, the publications steeply declined, but several books and reports were authored, including one book published in the US and one in Germany.
83. Indrayan A. Indian medicine and the Nobel Prizes ¾ Correspondence. Natl Med J India 1998; 11: 303.
84. Singal A, Bhattacharya SN, Baruah MC, Indrayan A, Singh N. Is the heredity of reticulate macro-pigmentation of kitamura always autosomal dominant? J Dermatol 1998; 25: 57-9. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9519613
85. Indrayan A. Social and mental components of health - A revisit to the indicators of health. ISMS Bull 1998; 13: 8-10.
86. Indrayan A. Internet for Doctors - Book review. Natl Med J India 1998; 11: 194-5.
87. Indrayan A. Indicators of social and mental health - Reader’s Forum. World Health Forum 1998; 19: 430-1. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10050173
88. Indrayan A. Wysocki MJ, Chawla A, Kumar R, Singh N. 3-decade trend in human development index in India and its major states. Social Indicators Res 1999; 46: 91-120. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1023%2FA%3A1006875829698?LI=true#page-1
89. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Essentials of Biostatistics - 1. Medical uncertainties. Indian Pediatr 1999; 36: 476-83. http://www.indianpediatrics.net/may1999/may-476-483.htm
90. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Essentials of Biostatistics - 2. Designs of medical studies. Indian Pediatr 1999; 36: 691-6. http://www.indianpediatrics.net/july1999/july-691-696.htm
91. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Essentials of Biostatistics - 3. Methods of sampling and data collection. Indian Pediatr 1999; 36: 905-10. http://www.indianpediatrics.net/sep5.htm
92. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Essentials of Biostatistics - 4. Numerical methods to summarize data. Indian Pediatr 1999; 36: 1127-34. http://www.indianpediatrics.net/99nov7.htm
93. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Essentials of Biostatistics - 5. Graphical methods to summarize data. Indian Pediatr 2000; 37: 55-62. http://www.indianpediatrics.net/jan2000/essential.htm
94. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Essentials of Biostatistics - 6. Reference values in medicine and validity of diagnostic tests. Indian Pediatr 2000; 37: 285-91. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750070
95. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Essentials of Biostatistics - 7. Measures of mortality and morbidity in children. Indian Pediatr 2000; 37: 515-21. http://www.indianpediatrics.net/may2000/may-515-521.htm
96. Indrayan A, Gupta P. Sampling techniques, confidence intervals, and sample size. Natl Med J India 2000; 13: 29-36. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10743375
97. Indrayan A, Gupta P. Hypothesis testing (Part I). Natl Med J India 2000; 13: 80-93. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10835857
98. Indrayan A, Gupta P. Hypothesis testing (Part II). Natl Med J India 2000; 13: 147-53. http://www.nmji.in/archives/Volume-13/issue-3/clinical-research-methods.pdf
99. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Essentials of Biostatistics - 8. Basic philosophy of statistical tests, confidence intervals and sample size determination. Indian Pediatr 2000; 37: 739-51. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10906806
100. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Essentials of Biostatistics - 9. Statistical inference from qualitative data: proportions, relative risks and odds ratios. Indian Pediatr 2000; 37: 967-81. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10992333
101. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Essentials of Biostatistics - 10. Statistical inference from quantitative data: comparison of means and other locations). Indian Pediatr 2000; 37: 1210-27. https://www.indianpediatrics.net/nov2000/nov-1210-1227.htm
102. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Essentials of Biostatistics - 11. Statistical relationships and the concept of multiple regression. Indian Pediatr 2001; 38: 43-59. http://www.indianpediatrics.net/jan2001/jan-43-59.htm
103. Indrayan A. Teaching statistical principles and methods in medical applications. www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~iase/publications/4/42.pdf 2001.
104. Indrayan A. Can I choose the cause of my death? BMJ 2001; 322: 1003. http://www.bmj.com/content/322/7292/1003.1
105. Indrayan A. Satyanarayana L. Essentials of Biostatistics - 12. Multiple measurements and their simultaneous consideration. Indian Pediatr 2001; 38: 741-56. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11463961
106. Indrayan A. Statistics for Social and Health Research: With a Guide to SPSS - Book review. Natl Med J India 2001; 14: 171-2.
107. Indrayan A, Kumar R. Epidemiology of trauma in India and projections. Ann Natl Acad Med Sci (India) 2001; 37: 1-10.
108. Indrayan A, Wysocki MJ, Kumar R, Chawla A. Singh N. Estimates of the years-of-life lost due to top nine causes of death in rural areas of major states of India in 1995. Natl Med J India 2002; 15: 7-13. http://www.nmji.in/archives/Volume-15/issue-1/original-articles-1.pdf
109. Kumar R, Indrayan A. A nomogram for single-stage cluster sample surveys in a community for estimation of a prevalence rate. Int J Epidemiol 2002; 31: 463-7. http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/31/2/463.full.pdf+html
110. Gupta P, Indrayan A. Effect of vitamin A supplementation on childhood morbidity and mortality: critical review of Indian studies. Indian Pediatr 2002, 39:1099-118. https://indianpediatrics.net/dec2002/dec-1099-1118.htm
111. Indrayan A. Predict the change (Letter to the Editor). The Hindu 2003; June 23: 3.
112. Indrayan A. An indirect assessment of status of pharmacoepidemiological work in India. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Safety 2003: 12 (Suppl 1): S18-9.
113. Indrayan A. A simple explanation of burden of desease methodology: Procedure to estimate DALYs from incomplete data. WHO Regional Workshop on Burden of Disease, Yangon, 2003.
114. Indrayan A. Control medical uncertainties by evolving a good design. Pre-conference Course on Research Methodology, Jodhpur, 2003.
115. Indrayan A. Elements of medical research. Indian J Med Res 2004; 119: 93-100. http://icmr.nic.in/ijmr/2004/0301.pdf
116. Indrayan A. Forecasting vascular disease cases and associated mortality in India. Background Papers: Burden of Disease in India, National Commission on Macroeconomics and Health, Government of India, 2005: 197-215. ftp://22.214.171.124/searoftp/WROIND/whoindia/linkfiles/Commision_on_Macroeconomic_and_Health_Bg_P2_Forecasting_vascular_disease_cases_and_associated_mortality_in_India.pdf
117. Over M, Marseille E, Sudhakar K, Gold J, Gupta I, Indrayan A, Nagelkerke N, Rao AS, Heywood P. Antiretroviral therapy and HIV prevention in India: modeling costs and consequences of policy options. Sex Trans Dis 2006; 33(10 Suppl): S145-52. http://journals.lww.com/stdjournal/Fulltext/2006/10001/Antiretroviral_Therapy_and_HIV_Prevention_in.11.aspx
118. Indrayan A. Statistical fallacies in orthopedic research. Indian J Orhtop 2007; 41: 37-46. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21124681
119. Ackland J, Allen S, …, Indrayan A, et al. Executive summary and recommendations from the WHO/UNAIDS/IAVI expert group consultation on ‘Phase IIB-TOC trials as a novel strategy for evaluation of preventive HIV vaccines’, 31 January – 2 February 2006. IAVI, New York, USA. AIDS 2007; 21: 539-46. http://researchonline.lshtm.ac.uk/10010/
120. Indrayan A, Kumar R, Dwivedi S. A simple index of smoking. COBRA Preprint Series (Berkeley Electronic Press), Article 41. http://biostats.bepress.com/cobra/ps/art40, 2008.
121. Indrayan A, Bansal AK. Reversal in declining trend of adult mortality in many states of India, 1970 – 2001: Is it due to AIDS?COBRA Preprint Series (Berkeley Electronic Press), Article 41. http://biostats.bepress.com/cobra/ps/art41, 2008.
122. Indrayan A, Bansal AK. The methods of survival analysis for clinicians. Indian Pediatr 2010; 47:743-8. http://www.indianpediatrics.net/sep2010/743.pdf
123. Malhotra RK, Indrayan A. A simple nomogram for sample size for estimating sensitivity and specificity of medical tests. Indian J Ophthalmol 2010; 58:519-22. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2993983/
124. Kumar R, Indrayan A. Receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curve for medical researchers. Indian Pediatr. 2011; 48:277-87. http://www.indianpediatrics.net/apr2011/277.pdf
125. Kumar R, Indrayan A, Chhabra P. Reporting quality of multivariable logistic regression in selected Indian medical journals. J Postgrad Med 2012;58:123-6. http://www.jpgmonline.com/article.asp?issn=0022-3859;year=2012;volume=58;issue=2;spage=123;epage=126;aulast=Kumar
126. Indrayan A. Statistical fallacies. The Ganga Ram Journal 2012; 2:356-63. http://www.jsgrh.com/
127. Indrayan A. Incidence and prevalence. The Ganga Ram Journal 2013; 3:38-41. http://www.jsgrh.com/
128. Sinha DN, Indrayan A, Gupta PC. Trends in tobacco use in Nepal. South-East Asia J Public Health 2013; 2:201-02. http://www.searo.who.int/publications/journals/seajph/issues/seajphv2n(3-4)p201.pdf?ua=1
129. Indrayan A. Dicey clinical decisions and biostatistics. The Ganga Ram Journal 2013; 3:66-67. http://www.jsgrh.com/
130. Indrayan A. Demystifying LMS and BCPE methods of centile estimation for growth and other health parameters. Indian Pediatr 2014; 51:37-43. http://www.indianpediatrics.net/jan2014/37.pdf
131. Indrayan A. Diagnostic questionnaire and its validation: Biostatistician’s perspective (Editorial). Indian Pediatr 2014: 51;536-538. http://indianpediatrics.net/july2014/536.pdf
132. Sinha DN, Palipudi KM, Gupta PC, Singhal S, C Ramasundarahettige C, Jha P, Indrayan A, Asma A, Vendhan G. Smokeless tobacco use: A meta-analysis of risk and attributable mortality estimates for India. Indian J Cancer 2014; 51:73-7. http://www.indianjcancer.com/article.asp?issn=0019-509X;year=2014;volume=51;issue=5;spage=73;epage=77;aulast=Sinha
133. Authored. Indrayan A. Solutions Manual for Introduction to Statistical Methods, Volume 1.Totowa, New Jersey: Rowman & Allanheld, 1986.
134. Edited. Aggarwal OP, Indrayan A, Sharma AK, editors. Health Issues in Delhi: Proceedings of First Annual Conference of IAPSM-Delhi Chapter. Delhi: Department of PSM, University College of Medical Sciences, 1995.
135. Edited. Agrawal OP, Sharma AK, Indrayan A, editors. HIV/AIDS Research in India. New Delhi: National AIDS Control Organisation 1997.
136. Authored. Indrayan A, Sarmukaddam S. Medical Biostatistics. CRC Press, New York, 2001.
137. Authored. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Simple Biostatistics for MBBS, PG Entrance and USMLE, Second Edition. Academa Publishers, Delhi, 2006.
138. Authored. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Biostatistics for Medical, Nursing and Pharmacy Students. Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 2006.
139. Authored. Indrayan A. Basic Methods of Medical Research, Second Edition. AITBS Publishers, Delhi, 2008.
140. Authored. Indrayan A. Medical Biostatistics, Second Edition. Chapman & Hall/CRC Press, New York, 2008. http://www.crcpress.com/ecommerce_product/product_detail.jsf?isbn=9781584888871
141. Authored. Indrayan A. Simple Biostatistics for MBBS, PG Entrance and USMLE, Third Edition. Academa Publishers, Delhi 2009
142. Authored. Indrayan A. Basic Methods of Medical Research, Third Edition. AITBS Publishers, Delhi, 2012.
143. Authored. Indrayan A. Medical Biostatistics, Third Edition. Chapman & Hall/CRC Press, New York, 2012. http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439884140
144. Authored. Indrayan A. Fundamentals of Medical Research: For Emerging Researchers. Lap Lambert, Germany, 2012. http://books.google.co.in/books/about/Fundamentals_of_Medical_Research.html?id=TjyGMAEACAAJ&redir_esc=y
Chapters in books
145. Indrayan A, Rustagi JS. Approximate maximum likelihood estimates in regression models for grouped data. In: Rustagi JS, editor. Optimizing Methods in Statistics. New York: Academic Press, 1978: 301-19. http://www.stormingmedia.us/62/6292/A629260.html
146. Indrayan A. Basic determinants and essential constituents of evaluation design: The sampling (Chapter). In: Das BC, Krishna K, editors. Methods and Techniques of Designing Evaluation Studies Lucknow: State Planning Institute, UP, 1981: pp34-48.
147. Indrayan A. Categorization of health data and their analysis. In: Verma BL, Shukla GK, Srivastava RN, editors. Biostatistics: Perspectives in Health Care Research and Practice, Delhi: CBS Publishers and Distributors, 1993: 77-110.
148. Indrayan A. Emergence of health informatics. In: Pathak KB, Prakasam CP, Pandey A, editors. Biostatistical Aspects of Health. Delhi: BR Publishing Corporation 1994: 3-16.
149. Indrayan A. Epidemiology of trauma in India. In: Bhattacharya A, Chawla R and Gurnani A, editors. Trauma, Anaesthesia & Critical Care in Developing Countries. Delhi: Department of Anaesthesiology & Critical Care, University College of Medical Sciences & Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, 1995: 3-15.
150. Indrayan A. Biological variation and uncertainties and role of statistics (Chapter 2). In: Visweswara Rao K, editor. Biostatistics. New Delhi, Jaypee Brothers, 1996: 7-12.
151. Visweswara Rao K, Indrayan A. Elements of probability (Chapter 8). In: Visweswara Rao K, editor. Biostatistics. New Delhi, Jaypee Brothers, 1996: 69-81.
152. Visweswara Rao K, Indrayan A. Distributions (Chapter 9). In: Visweswara Rao K, editor. Biostatistics. New Delhi, Jaypee Brothers, 1996: 82-107.
153. Indrayan A. Epidemiology of trauma in India (Chapter 1). In: Kochar SK, editor. Principles and Practice of Trauma Care. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers, 1998: 1-12.
154. Indrayan A. Statistics for clinicians (Chapter 16) In: Ghai OP, Gupta P, editors. Essential Preventive Medicine: Clinical and Applied Orientation. New Delhi: Vikas Publishing House (Pvt) Ltd, 1999: 773-803.
155. Indrayan A. Biostatistics in clinical practice (Chapter 6). In: Singh KC, Goel N, Rajaram S, editors. Current Practice in Obstetrics and Gynecology. New Delhi: Young Brothers, 1999:74-99.
156. Indrayan A. A note on epidemiological consistent estimates of HIV in India. A background note to “HIV/AIDS Treatment and Prevention in India”. Washington, DC: World Bank 2003.
157. Indrayan A. Epidemiology of HIV/AIDS in India: Lessons and Challenges. A background note to “HIV/AIDS Treatment and Prevention in India”. Washington, DC: World Bank 2003.
158. Indrayan A. Sensitivity analysis of estimates of total HIV positives in India in the year 2001. A background note to “HIV/AIDS Treatment and Prevention in India”. Washington, DC: World Bank 2003.
159. Indrayan A. Study designs. Pondicherry; Pre-conference CME on Epidemiology and Statistics in Medical Research, 2005.
160. Indrayan A. Biostatistics for clinicians. In: Gupta P, Ghai OP, editors. Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine, II Ed. New Delhi: CBS Publishers and Distributors, 2007: pp601-20.
161. Indrayan A. Biostatistics for clinicians. In: Gupta P, editor. Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine, III Ed. New Delhi: CBS Publishers and Distributors, 2010: pp604-22.
162. Indrayan A. Summarization of data. In: Nendunchelian K, editor. Introduction to Research Methodology and Biostatistics. Indian Journal of Practical Pediatrics, 2012:pp142-54.
163. Indrayan A. Determination of sample size in medical research. In: Nendunchelian K, editor. Introduction to Research Methodology and Biostatistics. Indian Journal of Practical Pediatrics, 2012:pp155-169..
164. Indrayan A. Clinical agreement in quantitative measurements. In: Doi SAR, Williams GM, Editors. Methods of Clinical Epidemiology. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2013:pp 17-27.
Abstracts (List restricted to international only – a large number published as abstract in national conferences excluded)
165. Indrayan A, Rustagi RK. Clustering of Indian states for health management: An exploratory study. IX International Scientific Meeting of the International Epidemiological Association 1981; Edinburgh, UK.
166. Indrayan A. Teaching biostatistics in internal medicine. XVI International Congress of Internal Medicine 1982; Prague, Czechoslovakia.
167. Indrayan A, Jain NC. Literacy rate as a determinant of health status in Indian states. Regional Scientific Meeting of International Epidemiological Association 1983; Singapore.
168. Indrayan A. Quantitative role of literacy rates in determining health in a developing country. X International Scientific Meeting of International Epidemiological Association 1984; Vancouver, Canada.
169. Prakash R, Tuli A, Indrayan A. Stress as perceived by undergraduate medical students. XII International Anatomical Congress 1985; London, UK.
170. Indrayan A. Medicalising teaching of biostatistics to medical undergraduates. II International Conference on Teaching Statistics 1986; Victoria, Canada.
171. Indrayan A. Curriculum of a biostatistics course for medical undergraduates. VII Conference of International Society for Clinical Biostatistics 1986; Cardiff, UK.
172. Indrayan A. Towards developing health atlas of India. Regional Scientific Meeting of International Epidemiological Association 1986; Jhansi, India.
173. Indrayan A. Socioeconomic influence on mortality levels in a developing country. XI Scientific Meeting of International Epidemiological Association 1987; Helsinki, Finland.
174. Indrayan A. Measuring health component of quality of life in a developing country. V International Conference on Pharmaco-epidemiology 1989; Minneapolis, USA.
175. Indrayan A, Aggarwal OP, Kannan AT. Birth order and obstetric complications in a Delhi slum. XII Scientific Meeting of International Epidemiological Association 1990; Los Angeles, USA
176. Sarvapriya, Kannan AT, Indrayan A, Talwar V. Infectious skin morbidity in a population of a cattle dairy farm in a rural area of India. International Society for Infectious Diseases 1990; Montreal, Canada.
177. Indrayan A, Agarwal OP. Birth order and obstetric complications in a Delhi slum. International Epidemiological Association Meeting of Asia Pacific Region 1991; Nagoya, Japan.
178. Grover V, Indrayan A. Correlates of sexually transmitted diseases in a rural population of India. VI International Congress for Infectious Diseases 1994; Prague, Czechoslovakia.
179. Indrayan A. Statistical cartography in epidemiology. XVII International Biometric Conference 1994; Hamilton, Canada.
180. Indrayan A. Statistical cartography in epidemiology. International Epidemiological Association Congress (Regional) 1995; Shanghai, China.
181. Indrayan A. Increasing the accuracy of perception and cognition in univariate and multivariate choropleth maps on epidemiology. XIV International Scientific Meeting of the International Epidemiological Association 1996; Nagoya, Japan.
182. Indrayan A. Epidemiological cartography and health atlas. International Scientific Conference on Epidemiology 1997; Tianjin, China.
183. Grover VL, Indrayan A, Sharma SC, Kannan AT. Impact of counseling on HIV risk awareness and practices amongst sexually transmitted disease subjects. International Conference on AIDS, 1998; Geneva, Switzerland.
184. Indrayan A. Meta analysis and thematic cartography of trends in incidence of HIV in India and the states. VIII International Congress on Infectious Diseases, 1998; Boston, USA.
185. Indrayan A. Meta-analysis and thematic cartography of trends in incidence of HIV in India and the states. International Conference on AIDS, 1998: 12:1007-1008 (abstract no. 60033).
186. Indrayan A. Perception and cognition in univariate and multivariate choropleth maps of epidemiological indicators. LII Session of the International Statistical Institute, 1999; Helsinki, Finland.
187. Indrayan A. Trend in access to medical and health services in rural areas of India. IAOS2000 Conference on Statistics, Development and Human Rights, 2000; Montreux, Switzerland.
188. Indrayan A. Teaching statistical principles and methods in medical applications. LIII Session of the International Statistical Institute, 2001; Seoul, Korea.
189. Indrayan A, Bansal AK. HIV database in India for evidence-based policies. X International Congress on Infectious Diseases, 2002; Singapore.
190. Indrayan A. Aleatory and epistemic uncertainties in official assessments. International Conference on Official Statistics, 2002; London, UK.
191. Indrayan A, Kumar R, Chawla A. Years-of-life lost from top nine causes in rural areas of states of India: First results from Indian burden of disease study. XXI International Biometric Conference, 2002; Freiburg, Germany.
192. Indrayan A. An indirect assessment of status of pharmacoepidemiological work in India. XIX International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology, 2003; Philadelphia, USA.
After this, I stopped going to international conferences.
193. Lwanga SK, Cho-Yook Tye, editors. Teaching health statistics: Lesson and seminar outlines, Second Edition. Collaborated with the World Health Organization 1986; Geneva. (Contributed some lessons and seminar outlines) http://libdoc.who.int/publications/1999/9241545186_eng_part1.pdf
194. Agarwal OP, Indrayan A, Kannan AT. Utilization of GTB Hospital by the community around it. For Delhi Administration 1990; Delhi.
195. Bhagbanprakash, Kannan AT, Prabhu KM, Indrayan A, Sharma M, Budhiraja R, Chachra S. AIDS: UTA educational materials development contest - A medico-anthropological analysis. For Dept of Youth Affairs and Sports 1992; Govt. of India.
196. Ramaiah S (Principal Investigator). Health Implications of Involuntary Resettlement and Rehabilitation in Developmental Projects in India; Vol I- General Findings and Conclusions. (Advisory Committee: A Indrayan, others). Society for Health Education and Learning Packages 1994; New Delhi.
197. Grover V, Sharma SC, Kannan AT, Indrayan A. Changes in sexual behaviour in response to increased risk awareness. Project No. 91311 BSDA. For World Health Organization 1995; Geneva.
198. Lwanga S, Ayeni O editors. Teaching Health Statistics: A Guide for Lesson and Seminar Outlines. Second Edition (Collaborated) World Health Organization 1996; Geneva.
199. Indrayan A, Sundaram KR, Limburg H and Kumar R. Review of Survey Methodology In, Rapid Assessment of Blindness (Karnataka). Danish Assistance to the National Programme for Control of Blindness 1997; New Delhi.
200. Indrayan A, Bansal AK. Health Atlas of India: Study of Logitudinal Dynamics of Health Through Maps. Project for Indian Council of Social Science Research 1997; New Delhi.
201. Indrayan A, Kumar R. CAT-BLIND: A Package to Facilitate Rapid Assessment of Prevalence of Cataract Blindness in a Community. Project for Danish Assistance to National Programme for Control of Blindness 1997; New Delhi.
202. Indrayan A, Bansal AK. HIV in India, Part - I and Part - II. Report of the Indian database prepared for UNAIDS – Inter-country Programme South Asia 2001; New Delhi.
203. Indrayan A, Kumar R (Editors). Synchronization of HIV Database for South Asian Countries: Background Documents. Sponsored by UNAIDS – Inter-country Team South Asia 2001; New Delhi.
204. Mathers CD, Vos T, Lopez AD, Salomon J, Ezzati M (ed.). National Burden of Disease Studies: A Practical Guide. Edition 2.0. Global Program on Evidence for Health Policy. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2001. Collaborated with the World Health Organization. http://www.thaibod.net/documents/NBD%20Manual%20V2.0.doc
205. Over M, Heywood P, Kurapati S, Gold J, Gupta I, Indrayan A, Hira S, Marseille E, Negelkerke N, Srinivasa Rao ASR (Consultants). Integrating HIV Prevention and HIV Antiretroviral Therapy in India: Costs and Consequences of Policy Options. International AIDS Economic Network, The World Bank 2003; Washington, DC. http://www.docstoc.com/docs/32531120/Integrating-HIV-prevention-and-antiretroviral-therapy-in-India
206. Over M, Heywood P, Gold J, Gupta I, Hira S, Marseille E. HIV/AIDS Treatment and Prevention in India: Modeling the Costs and Consequences.(See page xii for contribution of A. Indrayan). World Bank, 2004. http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTINDIA/Resources/IndiaARTReport1.pdf
207. Indrayan A. A note on epidemiologically consistent estimates of HIV in India. Annex of: Treatment and Prevention of HIV/AIDS in India; Modeling Costs and Consequences By Over M. World Bank, 2004. http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/COUNTRIES/AFRICAEXT/EXTAFRHEANUTPOP/0,,contentMDK:20732829~pagePK:34004173~piPK:34003707~theSitePK:717020,00.html
208. Heywood P, Indrayan A. Epidemiology. Annex of: Treatment and Prevention of HIV/AIDS in India; Modeling Costs and Consequences By Over M. World Bank, 2004. http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/COUNTRIES/AFRICAEXT/EXTAFRHEANUTPOP/0,,contentMDK:20732829~pagePK:34004173~piPK:34003707~theSitePK:717020,00.html
209. Indrayan A. Epidemiology of HIV/AIDS in India: Lessons and Challenges. Annex of: Treatment and Prevention of HIV/AIDS in India; Modeling Costs and Consequences By Over M. World Bank, 2004. http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/COUNTRIES/AFRICAEXT/EXTAFRHEANUTPOP/0,,contentMDK:20732829~pagePK:34004173~piPK:34003707~theSitePK:717020,00.html
210. Indrayan A. Sensitivity analysis of the estimates of total HIV positives in Indian in the year 2001. Annex of: Treatment and Prevention of HIV/AIDS in India; Modeling Costs and Consequences By Over M. World Bank, 2004. http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/COUNTRIES/AFRICAEXT/EXTAFRHEANUTPOP/0,,contentMDK:20732829~pagePK:34004173~piPK:34003707~theSitePK:717020,00.html
211. Indrayan A. Health Information System in India. Prepared for the World Health Organization, SEARO 2003; New Delhi.
212. Indrayan A, Bansal AK, Kumar R. Indian Database on HIV/STD: Seroepidemiology of HIV and STD. Prepared for UNAIDS—Inter-country Team for South Asia 2003, New Delhi.
213. Indrayan A. Regional Averages of Health Indicators. Prepared for the World Health Organization, SEARO 2004; New Delhi.
214. Indrayan A. Regional Representation in WHO – Executive Board. Prepared for the World Health Organization, SEARO, 2007; New Delhi.
215. Indrayan A. 11 Health Questions about the 11 SEAR Countries. Prepared for the World Health Organization, SEARO, 2007, New Delhi. http://www.searo.who.int/entity/health_situation_trends/documents/11_health_questions_about_11_SEAR_countries.pdf
216. Indrayan A. Social determinants of health. In: Health in Asia and the Pacific. World Health Organization, SEARO-WPRO, 2008:7-34. http://www.wpro.who.int/publications/Health_in_Asia_and_the_Pacific/en/index.html
217. Indrayan A. Mortality. In: Health in Asia and the Pacific. World Health Organization, SEARO-WPRO, 2008:129-176. http://www.wpro.who.int/publications/Health_in_Asia_and_the_Pacific/en/index.html
218. Indrayan A. Burden of disease. In: Health in Asia and the Pacific. World Health Organization, SEARO-WPRO, 2008:177-194. http://www.wpro.who.int/publications/Health_in_Asia_and_the_Pacific/en/index.html
219. Indrayan A. HIS – India 2008. Prepared for the World Health Organization, SEARO, 2008; New Delhi.
220. Indrayan A. Non-communicable Diseases in South-East Asia. Prepared for the World Health Organization, SEARO, 2010. http://www.searo.who.int/entity/noncommunicable_diseases/documents/9789290224136/en/index.html
221. Indrayan A. Attributable Mortality due to Smokeless Tobacco in Countries of South-East Region of WHO. Prepared for the World Health Organization, SEARO, 2011.
222. Indrayan A. Attributable Mortality due to Smoking, Use of Smokeless Tobacco and Dual Use in Major States of India. Prepared for the World Health Organization, SEARO, 2012.
223. Indrayan A. Socio-demographic Factors Contributing to Smoking, Use of Smokeless Tobacco and Dual Use in Myanmar. Prepared for the World Health Organization, SEARO, 2012
224. Indrayan A. Demographic and Socio-economic Profile of Users of Various Forms of Tobacco in Nepal. Prepared for the World Health Organization, SEARO, 2013.
225. Indrayan A. Tobacco use in Maldives: an analysis of Demographic & Health Survey 2009 data. Completed for the World Health Organization, SEARO, 2014.
226. Indrayan A. Logistic analysis of demographic contributors to tobacco use, smoking and smokeless tobacco use in Nepal. Completed for the World Health Organization, SEARO, 2014
226 + Large number of abstracts of papers published for national conferences not included